Saturday, December 12, 2009

US on a Diet!

My Gram (Matty), me (Nicole) and my Mom (Adele) standing in the Green Room. We look calm but we were freaking out on the inside!

What an incredible few days we've had! On Thursday morning we were picked up in a big black celebrity-looking SUV and taken into the city by a wonderful driver named Henry! He took us to the lab and we all had our blood work done, and from there we went to the Dr. Oz offices in Rockefeller Plaza. We met with so many great people that work for the Dr. Oz show there! A medical student weighed each of us, took our blood pressure and measured our waists and BMI. Yea, that was enjoyable. :o/


View from the 43rd floor, at the Dr. Oz show offices!

After we left the offices we went downstairs to have lunch at Cucina & Co. in Rockefeller Center and then headed to our hotel, the Affinia Gardens. After checking in we realized we were staying in the penthouse suite!!! It was like an apartment basically and it had a really great view! Thursday night my aunt Marie and her husband Dan, and two of my cousins, Alissa and Kristina (missed you Danielle and Stephanie!) joined us in the city for a nice big dinner. We knew we only had a few days of freedom left, so we went to Jackson Hole for burgers, fries and ice cream! There were a lot of laughs, as usual. My cousin Alissa said something really funny that I can't even remember now... crap! I hate when I forget the hysterical things she comes up with! Alissa and Kristina, if you're reading this and you remember, let me know! It will drive me crazy.

Louie standing on the balcony of our penthouse! Hmm... I guess it's not "our" penthosue anymore!

After dinner we decided we wanted to walk around a little and we ended up at Dylan's Candy Bar! We spent a ridiculous amount of money on candy and then headed back to our penthouse to relax. Instead of relaxing, we laughed for hours! There's never a dull moment in the LaFerrara/Caruso family, that's for sure!

We woke up bright and early to get ready for the show. We were in our green room by 8:15 am and started getting our hair and makeup done. That was a lot of fun! I love what she did with my hair, and I'm going to try to do it myself. We rehearsed the questions Dr. Oz was going to ask us and by 10:30 (I think?!) it was time for us to go on! Sorry though, I'm not giving you any details! You will have to wait to watch the show. It won't be airing before Christmas so I'm guessing it will be on some time in January. We will know 2 weeks before it airs though so don't worry, you will have plenty of time to set your DVR.

From the left, Marie (my aunt), Mom, Me, Louis (my brother), Gram,
Dr. Oz!!!!, Alissa and Kristina (my cousins)


I will tell you a few things though. Dr. Oz was incredibly nice! He is such a great man and I'm so blessed that we were able to meet him and that he wants us to go on this Journey! The show went really well, we had such a great time and any nerves we were feeling just vanished the second we got on stage. We were given Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen's book, "YOU on a Diet". We have to read it and follow that plan, which I'm so excited about because it looks really good!


We start officially tomorrow. Today, I'm going to buy new sneakers, 3 journals, 3 big desk calendars so we can keep track of how much we work out and lots of healthy food! We are headed to Trader Joe's for the food... is there anything any of you like from your local health food store that we should try?

Sorry I can't give many details but I want you to be surprised when the show airs! I can't wait till it does because I have SO much to say about it! I will not be posting on the blog how much weight we lose, we also want that to be a surprise for the future. But you will know what we are doing to lose the weight, how well we are doing, what our challenges are and things like that! We are all so excited to start this and can't wait to see the results!

4 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! I can't wait to see you on TV and read your stories through your journey!

    Watch out all you women in New York.....Nicole Caruso is about to take all the men! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! What a great journey. Can't wait to follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. knowing you all for so long can't wait to follow the journey...all the Weisberg's are sending their support

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am proud of all of you and can't wait to see your progress!!

    ReplyDelete