Monday, December 21, 2009

On to Week 2!

Well, we've finished week one of YOU on a Diet and we all are feeling great! We can't tell you how much weight we've lost but we are doing good. ;o)

Christmas is going to be strange without all our favorite foods, but we are planning on making healthy versions. I'll be sure to post our menu after the holidays. Mom and I are going to TX on Saturday, but we are bringing a laptop with us so we'll be able to post from there too.

I've tried 4 new veggies in the first week.. carrots (I can tolerate 'em...), mushrooms (I didn't hate them, didn't love them... I guess I liked them!) peas (umm eww.) and asparagus... (no thanks.) At least I'm trying! Anyone who knows me knows I do NOT try new food. Don't be surprised if you look outside and see pigs flying... seriously... go look!

Got any good veggie ideas for me to test out? I'm REALLY picky but if you can give me an idea and I actually like it, I'll be thrilled!

5 comments:

  1. Spaghetti Squash with sauce and ricotta! Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried it tonight Marie... eww. Next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holler!

    I am posting to suggest EDAMAME!!!!!! You can buy it in the frozen food section. I suggest buying it in the pod. Basically you just boil it for four minutes, drain em, lightly salt em, and you just squeeze the beans out of the pods and eat em. They are delicious! If you're a big sushi fan you've probably seen these as an (overpriced) appetizer. (Not to sound gross, but I think it's best to put one end of the pod in your mouth, and kind of slide the beans into your mouth that way. That way you get the salt from the outside. Haha.)

    Anywho, they're on sale for like $2 a bag at Stop and Shop right now. AND they are actually soy beans, so you're getting protein. Hmmm so are these technically a veggie? Who knows. They're green!

    Let me know what you think!! They're even just a yummy snack for whenever. Hope you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just take some fresh, cut up veggies, lay them on a cookie sheet, slather with a little olive oil, garlic salt and papper and put in the oven on 375@. Pretty tasty. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen, I actually bought edamame! Frozen ones! I'm gonna try it when I get home from my trip. THANKS! :o)

    ReplyDelete