Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 1!

Today started off great! I had egg whites, a whole wheat english muffin and one clementine for breakfast. After breakfast I went to a few stores and I was so excited to get some "steps" on my pedometer. I parked far from the store and everything. When I got inside the store, I realized I left the damn thing at home! So, not only were my steps not counted but when I came out of the store it was pouring and I had to walk all the way back to my car in the rain! But, at least I got in some "physical activity"! For lunch I had grilled chicken on a mini whole wheat pita and a 1/4 cup of dried cranberries. Then I had to study for most of the day so I didn't do much walking at all! For dinner I had a yummy salad with grilled chicken, dried cranberries, carrots (my new food of the week to try!), almonds (another new food for me!), cucumbers, and homemade dressing made with olive oil and light soy sauce. Actually, I made 2 of those salads because I dropped the first one all over the kitchen floor! After dinner mom and I made our final snack for the day... peaches with cinnamon, raspberries, blackberries and some semi-sweet chocolate chips. It was good! It's straight of of Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen's book, YOU on a Diet! (go buy it right now!)

I am overwhelmed with so many things right now and following the diet is the least overwhelming part. Can I postpone Christmas a week or two? I can't wait for school to be over! I want to be able to devote more of my time to this journey I'm on. (and buying Christmas presents!) Hopefully we will be starting the gym this Tuesday, and I'm actually excited about it. Today wasn't much of a struggle at all! I have to admit, I am hungry right now, but instead of eating something like I normally would, I think I'll just go to sleep! :o) Tomorrow is a new day!

1 comment: