Monday, December 7, 2009

Preparation!

Well, we've been spending the past few days getting ready for the crazy week we have ahead of us. On Saturday my Mom, Marie (my Aunt who is really more like a sister-aunt. Yes, I just made that up!) and I all went shopping for clothes to wear on Friday. Marie will be sitting in the audience with my brother Louie. We visited the local Avenue in Holbrook, NY to find the perfect outfits. The ladies in there were so great, we told them all about Dr. Oz and they were so excited for us. I even gave them the link to this blog, so if you girls are reading this, give us a shout! :o) We walked out of that store with WAY more than what we needed for the show, but a little retail therapy never hurt anyone! Today I went to get my eyebrows done (because you sure as hell can't go on TV with busted-lookin' brows!). I go to Luna Mesa Day Spa in Center Moriches and get them done by Lisa... she's fabulous! (go see her!) She's really excited about this whole experience too... if she's reading this right now... Hi Lisa! Thanks for today, my brows look fab! ;o)

Tomorrow morning at 10am, the camera crew arrives to tape us at home! They want me, my Mom and Gram to cook a big Italian meal together and then eat it. haha! I spoke to the field producer today and she used the dreaded "I" word.... Interview. She's going to be "interviewing" us. We all know how much I hate JOB interivews, I get SO nervous. Hopefully I don't completely freak out tomorrow. I am unusually calm so far... can't say the same for my Mom though! Hopefully we are all at ease tomorrow when they get here... too bad none of us drink, I'm sure we could use it!

We've been getting phone calls from people who work for Dr. Oz all weekend... we had to do the "Real Age" test over the phone. That wasn't very pleasant! It went something like this...

Them: How many times a week do you eat breakfast and what do you have?
Me: Once a week, and it's a bagel... with butter.
Them: Hmm.... alright, how many times a week do you eat vegetables?
Me: umm... zero.
Them: How many times a week do you eat high grain, high fiber foods?
Me. hmm... that'd be zero.
Them: Umm okay, well how many times a week do you eat cheese and other high fat foods?
Me: oh, all the time. (insert nervous laugh here!)
Them: How many times a week do you do aerobic excerise or strength training?
Me: Are you serious right now? None. (insert real laugh here!)

But good news is, I don't smoke cigaretters, do any drugs or drink, so that HAS to help my "Real Age" a little! A girl can dream I guess! lol

I spent the night cleaning the house and doing another very important task... I brushed Allie and put a pretty pink bow in her hair for her big break! I hope she gets to be on TV too! She would become famous much faster than I would, she's too cute to resist.

I am starting to get worried about this interview stuff... what will they ask me? How will I respond? What if I can't think of a good answer?! Maybe I can just try to be funny. But then I might come off looking stupid... oh boy. This should be interesting! Send me some "don't screw this up and just act yourself" vibes please! I'll post again tomorrow night. I have to go to class and take a stupid test after the camera crew leaves. Wish us luck! (with the show, and my test... I didn't even study! lol)

3 comments:

  1. I wish you bluebirds in the spring....and much luck to all three, i mean four of you, allie included...I am going to follow this journey that you are on, all the way. Kiss your gram for me...
    Love and Kisses,
    Maria T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole I'm Carol a friend of your mom's in Florida.
    I wish you all luck. I'm sure you'll all be fine. I can't wait to see the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol,

    You actually know my Grandma, Matty. I'm her daughters daughter! Thanks for checking out the blog! :o)

    ReplyDelete