Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 2... An epiphany, perhaps?

Day 2 was great! I started off with 1 cup of cheerios with 4 oz of skim milk and a clementine. For a snack I had one apple with a few almonds... I'm really trying to like them. For lunch I had chicken breast on a little whole wheat pita with cucumbers... and for my mid afternoon snack I had a mixture of cheerios, almonds (still tryin'!) and dried cranberries. I find that if I eat a dried cranberry and an almond at the same time, I can tolerate it! For dinner I met up with my wonderful cousin, Alissa, like I sometimes do on a Monday night after class. This is where my epiphany comes in... so, usually when we meet at the diner I get a chicken sandwich and fries... or a burger and fries... or chicken francaise and pasta... something like that. Well today I had a greek salad with grilled chicken and barely used the dressing. And not only did I find that I was full without even finishing it... but I also didn't feel like complete crap! Instead of wanting to go home and sit on the couch afterwards, I went shopping! Ok, so that's not so great for my bank account, but whatever. I felt good! EPIPHANY! Who knew? :o)

I'm not getting many steps on my pedometer since all I've been doing is sitting at home studying and doing homework. Tomorrow is another full day of the same thing unfortunately. Less than a week and I'm officially done with school ( and NEVER going back again!) Then I can concentrate even more on this journey. ( and finding a job... someone please hire me!)

4 comments:

  1. keep up the good work nicole.
    i'm not thrilled with almonds either and i find the slivered ones taste better. i like them in salads. are you reading your book. i am upto the 4th chapter. i think the book is very enlightening. i am learning lots of things i never knew. i love my oz shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole
    I'm an old friend of your Gram's, I knew about her/your/moms, coming adventures to the "land of Oz". She told me about your blog yesterday and I read it today... I too am proud of all of you and wish you all the success in the world. I think your depictions in the blog are great--- I just recently saw the movie "Marley and me" at my local library, and I believe I see a sequel to that movie and life story as a "Allie and Nicole" I'm sure I'll be looking for and reading your columns in the newspapers in the not to distant future.
    The BEST to all of you.
    Joe V
    Ps: I hope Allie is better behaved than Marley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joe! Thanks so much for reading my blog! Allie is a VERY well behaved dog, thank goodness! Thanks so much for your kind words and support!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete